a little bit about me

My name is Jennifer. I prefer to go by Jen (one 'n' NOT two), not Jenny or Jennifer or Jenn-ay, just Jen. It's more my style. I'd say I'm a pretty cool gal, though my lack of friends may suggest otherwise... I'm one of those girls that the family is like "oh my gosh you are so great" and you're like "then why doesn't anyone else seem to think so?" but whatever. I clearly don't have any pent up feelings about the matter.
I grew up in what I consider to be a somewhat small town. I've traveled to much smaller towns such as Altamont, IL (look it up, it's a fabulous little place) but where I come from, there was very much an "everybody knows everybody" kinda feel. I come from a place in the Northwest corner of Louisiana, where you are less than 20 minutes from both Texas and Arkansas, called Bossier. South Bossier is one of those places you grow up in that when you graduate from high school, you either move away fast or you're stuck there forever. I spent my whole life knowing what I wanted and that was to be a wife and mom. When I met my husband in 2011, I was still in high school and he lived in Alabama, two states away. We kept a long distance relationship going by traveling to visit each other on weekends and over breaks and of course the always handy texts, calls, and FaceTime chats. I decided early on that I wanted to marry this man and knew Bossier was not where I belonged. Though I tried to convince my parents that dropping out was the best route for me (HA!), I stuck it out and graduated from high school mid-year in December of 2013. Now like I said, I had known for a while that I wanted to get the heck outta Dodge, so I had been saving up money from a couple years of working and babysitting, so in February, less than 2 months after graduating, I chased after the man I loved by finding an apartment and moving across two states, just me and my dog, at the age of 17.
And that's when life really started for me. We got engaged in May of 2014 and married that October. About five months into our marriage, we found out we were pregnant by way of miscarriage. Prior to that, we hadn't really started talking/thinking about having kids yet but after that tragedy, God gave us our greatest blessing. Our sweet Russell James was born February 25, 2016.
I know that my purpose in life is to be the best wife and mother I can be. So this is my journey. I want to inspire other women who maybe never thought they would be a wife/mom or women who are in the same boat as me, who always prayed your time would come to be a wife and mom, to embrace this beautiful life God has given you. I have had so many times just in the past couples years alone where God has taken me to places I never thought I would be. I want to take you on this journey with me. Currently, we are living in an 800sqft apartment in a brand new town with a one year old and our two large dogs. I am starting my third trimester with our second little boy who is due in July. We are in the middle of selling our old house and trying to get into a new home before our baby arrives. We are in the middle of such a crazy, transitional period in our life.
But this is life. This is my life and I love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

change: the inevitable